The 5th International Conference on Social Sciences 2018 – (ICOSS 2018) was organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka in collaboration with Qatar University, Qatar and Center for Multidisciplinary Research, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepure, Sri Lanka as the Hosting Partners. International Department of Moscow Institute of Public Administration and Law Moscow, Russia, Madurai Kamaraj University, India, and Noida International University India became as Academic Partners of the Conference, while Sri Lanka Convention Bureau was the successful strategic partner of the Conference.
The Conference was held on 20th and 21st of September 2018 in Colombo, Sri Lanka under the theme “Global Harmony and co-existence through International Dialogues” and was chaired by Prof. Charmalie A.D. Nahallage (Professor in Anthropology, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka).
The opening remarks of ICOSS 2018 were made by Conference Chair Prof. Charmalie A.D. Nahallage (Professor in Anthropology, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka) together with Mr. Isanka P. Gamage (Managing Director, The International Institute of Knowledge Management).
Key note forum was one of the most significant moments during the Conference and it was enlightened by one of the prominent intellectuals in the field of Social Sciences Prof. Christian Giordano (University of Fribourg, Switzerland) under the theme “Global Harmony and Interethnic Conflicts: Opportunities and Limits of Intercultural Dialogue and Negotiations “.
Plenary speeches were delivered by Dr. Ahmad Nazzan Bin Abdullah, Malaysia under the theme “The Role of Human Security as a Bulwark against Terrorism: The Malaysian Experience” and Dr. Subhangi M.K. Herath (Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, University of Colombo,Sri Lanka)
Prof. Charmalie A.D. Nahallage
Professor in Anthropology
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
University of Sri Jayewardenepura,Sri Lanka
Prof. Christian Giordano
University of Fribourg Switzerland
Dr. Ahmad Nazzan Bin Abdullah
Dr. Subhangi M.K. Herath
Department of Sociology
Faculty of Arts
University of Colombo,Sri Lanka
ICOSS 2018 provided great platform for researchers, academicians, social workers, policy makers and other stakeholders from across the globe to share their research findings with one another and to discuss their ideas in relation to the field Social Sciences. The conference provided a refreshing experience for all, especially for the young researchers who had the opportunity to share their research findings on an international platform.
The publication workshop was conducted by the Prof. Christian Giordano (University of Fribourg, Switzerland) with the purpose of getting a paper published in a well-respected peer-reviewed journal. Researches and students earned valuable experiences through this workshop. The workshop also guided participants to reach and submit the proceedings to be indexed in the world class high reputed journals like SCOPUS, Thomson Reuters and Google Scholar.
- Women, Family sexuality & gender quality
- Foreign policy & crisis management
ICOSS 2018 comprised 07 technical sessions under below themes.
- Quality Education, Economic And Community Development
- Women, Family, Sexuality And Gender Equality
- Communication, Media, Cross – Cultural And Developmental Studies
- Anthropology, Social Justice And Community Development
- Foreign Policy And Crisis Management
- Philosophy, Psychology, Ethics And Consciousness
- Dr. Tuhin Roy, Khulna University Bangladesh
- Prof. Bhagirathi Panigrahi, Berhampur University India
- Dr. Gargi Sharma, Manipal University Jaipur
- Dr. Charu Dhankar, Manipal University Jaipur
- Dr. Aditya Anshu, Noida International University
- Prof. Charmalie A.D. Nahallage, University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka
- Prof. Christian Giordano, University of Fribourg Switzerland
- Dr. Ahmad Nazzan Bin Abdullah, Malaysia
- Dr. Subhangi Herath, University of Colombo Sri Lanka
- Dr. Neranji Wijewardhana, University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Anjan Sen, University of Delhi, India
- Dr. Pushpesh Kumar, University of Hyderabad, India
- Prof. Alexandr Rozanov, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
- Dr. Anupam Yadav, BITS Pilani, India
- Dr. ASM Amanullah, Dhaka University, Bangladesh
- Dr. Sohaib Ali, University of Management and Technology, Pakistan
- Dr. Mashitah Hamidi, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Dr. Narumol Nirathron, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Dr. Oliver Chan, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Dr. Shahreen Mat Nayan, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Dr. Pankaj Kumar, University of Delhi, India
- Dr. Daniel Schoch, The University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Dr. Amira Firdaus, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Dr. Daniel Schoch, The University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Dr. Farhan Abdul Rauf, Our Own Public Health Institute, Afghanistan
- Dr. Vladimir Chebotarev, Institute of Public Administration and Law Moscow, Russia
- Dr. Natalia Shkurko, Institute of Public Administration and Law Moscow, Russia
- Asst. Prof. R. Rajkumar, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- Prof. Swamikannan, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- Asst. Prof. S. Pushparaj, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- Asst. Prof. J. Renee Arathi, Tamil Nadu Open University, India
- Dr. Aparna Mukherje, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India
- Prof Abdul Shaban, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India
- Prof. Dev Nath Pathak, South Asian University, India
- Dr. Mohd Tarique, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India Dr. Paramita Banerjee Sawant, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, India
- K. Marimuthu, AIMST University, Malaysia
- Narottam Prasad Sahu, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, India
All accepted abstracts for 5th International Conference on Social Sciences 2018 will be published in the conference abstract book with an associated ISBN. All full papers will be reviewed through a double blind reviewing process and published electronically with an ISSN (2357 – 268x) in the proceedings with a DOI Number (DOI prefix: 10.17501).
We will submit the proceedings for possible indexing in Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS and Google Scholar.
Peer-reviewed and accepted full papers from the participants of the 5th International Conference on Social Sciences 2018 successfully published in the following prestigious journals.
The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) honors the commitment to raising the standard for research and broadening the knowledge in the pertinent fields.
Print ISSN : 0037- 7732
Online ISSN : 1534- 7605
Special Issue : No
Editor in Chief/s : Arne L. Kalleberg
Impact Factor : 2.113
Indexed in : Thomson Reuters
Asia Pacific Translation & Intercultural Studies
Editor in Chief: Luo Xuanmin
Publisher Taylor & Francis
International Association for Social Science and Humanities (IASSH)
Center for Multidisciplinary Research
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepure
QS World University Ranking – #349
QS Arab Region Ranking – #7
Noida International University,
International Department of Moscow
Institute of Public Administration and Law Moscow, Russia
Madurai Kamaraj University, India
Sri Lanka Convention Bureau
The International Institute of Knowledge Management (Tiikm)